Sat, Apr 11|
How to Get Your Captain's License
Find out how with this webinar from OCC School of Sailing and Seamanship.
Time & Location
Apr 11, 2020, 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM
About the Event
There are many reasons, professional and personal, to get a USCG Captain’s License. All vessels carrying passengers for hire are required to have a licensed captain onboard, and for this reason many mariners seeking to run charter, fishing, sightseeing, whale-watching, ferries, tugs and crew boats, dive boats, and many other commercial vessels test for their Captain’s License.In addition, many recreational sailors find that, even though they may not need a Captain’s License, they would like to have one to improve their boating resume and strengthen their knowledge of maritime rules and regulations. During this two hour webinar, we will answer the following questions:
- What is a Merchant Mariner Credential and what does it have to do with a Captain’s license?
- What is sea service and how is it documented?
- What is the difference between an OUPV (six pack) and a 25/50/100 Ton Captain’s license?
- What type of training or studying is required to get a Captain’s license?
- How are the exams set up? How many questions and what topics?
- Do I take a class?
- How do I submit my application to the Coast Guard and what does the paperwork entail?